Sunday 10 April 2011

Jam Drops !



I bet most of us that spent our youth in NZ remember these sweet & yummy biscuits . My kids love them and they are super easy to make . Great if you have some jam hanging round thats begging to be used - I made two batches the first were ahem quite large with home made plum jam which has that natural tartness, the second batch were more humble & about the right size , with delicious strawberry homemade jam ( yum ) that has its own sweetness. It really depends on your own preference ! This is probably the easiest Jam drop recipe I have come across which I found here . I like to try out different variations on the same recipe & always read the comments on recipes from websites which gives you the best idea of the finished article !

Jam Drops

125 g butter
2 Eggs
3/4 Cup sugar
2 Cups self Raising flour
Jam of your choice ( about 1/4 cup )

Soften butter & cream with sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition then mix in flour to form a stiff dough.
Roll with your hands into walnut sized balls or golf sized they rise quite a lot so be warned.
Use your index finger or end of a handle that is rounded to make dents in each one , deep enough so jam will sit in it.
 Add jam into holes and bake at 180 c for 10 -15 mins - Enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Great photos, too. If only I could be bothered making them myself (I'll just keep blaming my dodgy oven)...

    ReplyDelete